Against the assault of laughter, nothing can stand."
~ Mark Twain
What is Laughter Yoga?
- A unique concept where anyone can laugh for no reason, without relying on humor, jokes or comedy.
- Laughter is initiated through group exercises using eye contact and childlike playfulness, which soon turns into real laughter.
- Laughter exercises are combined with Yoga breathing to bring more oxygen to the body and brain to make you feel more energetic and healthy.
- It is a scientific fact that the body can’t tell the difference between real and fake laughter, so you get the same physical and emotional benefits when you participate.
- Laughter Yoga was developed by a medical doctor, Dr. Madan Kataria in India. He started with just 5 people in the first Laughter Club in 1995. There are now thousands of Laughter Clubs in over 72 countries.
When was the last time you laughed?